Lewis T. Green
Charles "Bob" Martin
Legacy Captain Debbie Smith
April 27, 1953 - June 28, 2018
(Longest Standing Female Captain and Officer with SYC)
Seafarers Yacht Club of Washington, DC
2018 SYC Legacy Captains (Over 25 years)
(Capt Joe Quarterman, Capt Charles "Bob" Martin, Capt Howard Gasaway, Sr, Capt "Chubby" Martin)
Seafarer's Yacht Club was formed exclusively to foster educational, recreational, charitable, cultural, historical and environmental knowledge and activities relative to boating.
SYC Project (Temporary Move)
Justification Pages relavent to SYC
- 8, 10-12, 16, 19, 29-30, 33, 45-48, 50, 55-56
Justification Pages referencing financials
- 7, 9-10, 13, 15, 18, 39-40, 52-53, 55
SYC Temporary Future Move Concept
(Click Image to view)
Our Recent News
(2018 SYC Commodore
Captain "Tony" Ford)
As SYC Leadership prepares for 2018, we are concentrating on several key factors that will allow SYC to keep the momentum in growing SYC's relationship with the local Community, Federal and DC Governments and our Boathouse Row family (HABA, ACBA, WYC, DYC and EPBC). Be sure to keep this e-mail handy to help track our progress. Our key goals for 2018 will be as follows:
1. Increased cruise participation (with community, SYC members and other boat clubs)
2. Update Bylaw Articles to include the SYC website and social media, but not limited to other important governance matters that need updating in the bylaws
3. Improve in diversifying membership
4. Fellowship through fund raising – 2 SYC Captains Balls (1 Formal Affair and 1 seasonal ball (Spring/Fall)), restart Fish Fries in the Spring 2018, 2 SYC Crab Feasts, 2 SYC nights out, 1 SYC Casino night, etc.
5. Participate in “The Year Of the Anacostia” initiative with one of our partner organizations, Anacostia Waterfront Trust, and the other Boathouse Row Clubs, SE Community friends and associates.
6. Continue to work more closely with our established 501c3 nonprofit partners to help obtain grants for our outreach efforts, support for historic preservation, education, marina grants, etc.
7. Use website and social media to communicate better with our supporters
8. Post calendar of events with the inclusion of items #4
9. Have 2 open house events for membership
10. Have 2 boat education events
These are just a few of the top level 2018 goals for SYC's forward progress.
NO SYC CAPTAIN WILL BE LEFT BEHIND OR UNDER THE RADAR! WE NEED YOU IN 2018! MAKE SYC A PRIORITY 2018!