Lewis T. Green
Charles "Bob" Martin
Legacy Captain Debbie Smith
April 27, 1953 - June 28, 2018
(Longest Standing Female Captain and Officer with SYC)
Seafarers Yacht Club of Washington, DC
2020 SYC Legacy/Lifetime Captains (Over 40 years)
(Capt Joe Quarterman, Capt Charles "Bob" Martin, Capt Howard Gasaway, Sr, Capt "Chubby" Martin)
Seafarer's Yacht Club was formed exclusively to foster educational, recreational, charitable, cultural, historical and environmental knowledge and activities relative to boating.
2021 SYC Cruise
(Click the Image Below)
Our Recent News
(2021-2022 SYC Commodore
Captain "Tony" Ford)
As SYC Leadership brings Closure to 2022, we are concentrating on several key factors that will allow SYC to keep the momentum in growing SYC's relationship with the local Community, Federal and DC Governments and our Boathouse Row family to include WYC, DYC, EPBC and ACBA). Be sure to keep this e-mail handy to help track our progress. Our key goals for 2022 will be as follows:
1. Complete 20 year Local and National effort for SYC's official Historic Preservation status in the US
2. Update Bylaw Articles to include the SYC website, COVID-19 restrictions and social media, but not limited to other important governance matters that need updating in the bylaws
3. Fellowship through fund raising – 2 SYC Captains Balls (1 Formal Affair and 1 seasonal ball (Summer/Fall)), restart Fish Fries in the Spring 2021 (modify for COVID-19), 1 or 2 SYC Crab Feasts, 1 or 2 SYC nights out, sponsor another summer jazz venue (ALL CONTINGENT UPON COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS AS MANDATED BY DC GOVERNMENT).
4. Participate in updated "Stakeholders" meetings with DC Government Agencies regarding the Anacostia River initiatives with one or more of our partner organizations (i.e. PRYCA, Anacostia Waterfront Trust, 11th Street Bridge Park, other surrounding Boathouse Row Clubs, ANC 6B, SE Community friends and associates, etc).
5. Continue to work more closely with our established 501c3 nonprofit partners to help obtain grants for our outreach efforts, support for historic preservation, education, marina grants, etc.
6. Use email, website and social media to communicate better with our supporters
7. Fulfill all open SYC membership opportunities via "Fellowship Fridays"
8. Remove abandoned vessels from SYC premises
These are just a few of the top level 2022 goals for SYC's forward progress.
NO SYC CAPTAIN WILL BE LEFT BEHIND OR UNDER THE RADAR! WE NEED YOU IN 2022! MAKE SYC A PRIORITY in 2022!