Lewis T. Green
Charles "Bob" Martin
Legacy Captain Debbie Smith
April 27, 1953 - June 28, 2018
(Longest Standing Female Captain and Officer with SYC)
Seafarers Yacht Club of Washington, DC
2020 SYC Legacy/Lifetime Captains (Over 40 years)
(Capt Joe Quarterman, Capt Charles "Bob" Martin, Capt Howard Gasaway, Sr, Capt "Chubby" Martin)
Seafarer's Yacht Club was formed exclusively to foster educational, recreational, charitable, cultural, historical and environmental knowledge and activities relative to boating.
SYC Project (Temporary Move)
Justification Pages relavent to SYC
- 8, 10-12, 16, 19, 29-30, 33, 45-48, 50, 55-56
Justification Pages referencing financials
- 7, 9-10, 13, 15, 18, 39-40, 52-53, 55
SYC Temporary Future Move Concept
(Click Image to view)
Our Recent News
(2021 SYC Commodore
Captain "Tony" Ford)
As SYC Leadership prepares for 2021, we are concentrating on several key factors that will allow SYC to keep the momentum in growing SYC's relationship with the local Community, Federal and DC Governments and our Boathouse Row family to include WYC, DYC, EPBC and ACBA). Be sure to keep this e-mail handy to help track our progress. Our key goals for 2021 will be as follows:
1. Increased cruise participation (with community, SYC members and other boat clubs)
2. Update Bylaw Articles to include the SYC website, COVID-19 restrictions and social media, but not limited to other important governance matters that need updating in the bylaws
3. Fellowship through fund raising – 2 SYC Captains Balls (1 Formal Affair and 1 seasonal ball (Summer/Fall)), restart Fish Fries in the Spring 2021 (modify for COVID-19), 1 or 2 SYC Crab Feasts, 1 or 2 SYC nights out, sponsor another summer jazz venue (ALL CONTINGENT UPON COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS AS MANDATED BY THE GOVERNMENT).
4. Participate in “The Year Of the Anacostia” initiatives with one or more of our partner organizations (i.e. Anacostia Waterfront Trust, 11th Street Bridge Park, other surrounding Boathouse Row Clubs, ANC 6B, SE Community friends and associates, etc).
5. Continue to work more closely with our established 501c3 nonprofit partners to help obtain grants for our outreach efforts, support for historic preservation, education, marina grants, etc.
6. Use website and social media to communicate better with our supporters
7. Have 2 open house events for membership
8. Have 2 boat education events
These are just a few of the top level 2021 goals for SYC's forward progress.
NO SYC CAPTAIN WILL BE LEFT BEHIND OR UNDER THE RADAR! WE NEED YOU IN 2021! MAKE SYC A PRIORITY in 2021!